Search This Blog

Friday 10 December 2010

Thing 6: bighugelabs


The next image generator to try out was BigHugeLabs.  I am glad this one was on the list as I'd written down its URL ages ago when it was featured in CILIP Update but hadn't got round to ever looking at it.  My first impression was that I longed for the simplicity I had dismissed for Letter James; the first page was a little bit overwhelming with the number of different products I could create.  Did I want Bead Art or a Lolcat generator? I only had time to try out a couple of things so I look forward to seeing other people's creations to see if some of the other products are worth exploring. 

I chose Mosaic maker, I really liked the fact that you could select photos either from Flickr or Facebook as this made it so much easier than uploading photos again.  You do need to have them pre-organised into either a photoset (Flickr) or an album (Facebook) though.  I chose one of my Facebook albums from a recent gig by my favourite band, Jimmy Eat World.  It was a bit restrictive in that once created you couldn't decide which pictures went where; the original picture that had been selected for the central one of the mosaic wasn't one of the best, so I had to go back into my Facebook album, swap the order of the pictures there, and then go back to bighugelabs to create the mosaic again, now with the picture I wanted as the central picture.

This would be a great tool to create photo montages of events that you could send to friends.  I can't really see any uses for work as yet so any ideas welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment