Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 December 2010


The third image generator to try was Cool Text.  This was my least favourite of the three image generators.  To be honest it reminded me quite a lot of school lessons in logo design on CorelDRAW in the mid-Nineties.  OK, it makes it very quick to create a button but most of the styles you can use (and there's not many) made me feel like I was back in the Nineties trying to create a design for a drinks can.   I think I'd rather spend a little bit longer creating something myself.

I did like the font section of the site, though, particularly the Brandname fonts. With a bit of playing on my laptop at home I did manage to install one of the fonts there but can't seem to do it at work, maybe because you need admin rights?  So although I liked it, there's not much I can do with it at the moment.....

Thing 6 summary: BigHugeLabs was definitely my favourite of the three as it gave you much more of a range of different things to try and I liked the functionality with Facebook and Flickr.  In terms of producing a quality image, though, I think Letter James was the best.  These tools have been fun to use and will be a nice way to add some creativity to my blog posts. I think it was apt that this "thing" comes just before Christmas as producing Festive greetings seems to be a popular way to use these sites.  I can't say this is the most useful of the 23 things for work but it will certainly give me more options in areas where I can be creative, such as the blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment