Search This Blog

Sunday 24 July 2011

Thing 14: Create a podcast/vodcast

OK....here goes....popcorn at the ready....hopefully this is the video clip I created talking about the move from InfoLinX to Library Search (I hesitate to say podcast as, unless I get much faster at doing this, this will not form one of a series of webcasts and will continue to stand alone as a video clip....).  It did take me quite a while to create mostly because I kept deleting previous efforts through sheer vanity.

I think it's nice to have a visual clip such as this on a profile page, for example, as an introduction to yourself or discussing a particular topic but I don't see huge merit in creating regular podcasts for students.  I have no evidence either way but I've never thought of podcasts as particularly popular amongst students.  While I was doing my Masters the only podcast I ever wanted to listen to was the Ricky Gervais show....but maybe that's just me.  While it took me quite a while to create the video clip I was pleasently surprised at how easy it was to upload it to Blogger so maybe a podcast tied in with a blog makes more sense, especially if the podcasts were, say, once a term.  I haven't yet moved onto the Feedburner part of the instructions so maybe I've spoken too soon.  Anyway hope you enjoy! (I'm going to look away now....)

No comments:

Post a Comment